Blog: Well heeled and comfortable
Leonie Barrie | 3 August 2006
Despite all sorts of technological advances, anyone who’s ever spent any length of time wearing stilettos will agree that sexy, comfortable shoes are an oxymoron. But that could soon be a thing of the past now that Cole Haan and Nike have teamed up to create a stiletto with an air-filled sole. The sole, which has previously been used in running and football shoes, works by cushioning the foot as it comes into contact with the ground. It seems like a great idea, but will probably only catch on if the designers can convince women that style hasn’t been sacrificed. After all, women have suffered for a long time in the name of fashion, and are unlikely to be swayed if the shoes don’t look good. But a quick glance at some of the styles suggests that even fashion die-hards will be convinced.
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sourcing at MAGIC tackles trade, Africa and speed
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar