Blog: What are you trying to say?
Leonie Barrie | 13 August 2004
Is your name an unusual one? Or do you have a saying or phrase that’s unique or well- (possibly over-) used? Not the most obvious idea for a new business, but that hasn’t deterred a San Francisco-based firm SayWear from launching “the first online T-shirt sayings registry and e-commerce site.” It works like this: you check your word or saying against an online database – and if it hasn’t been grabbed already, you are “allowed” to buy the one-of-a-kind T-shirt bearing that inscription. Each order comes with proof of registration, and registered sayings are locked from subsequent purchases.
Perhaps the pithy T-shirt statement neatly encapsulates the world we live in, or as the founders say “mass-uniqueness in a mass-market world.” The only downside…what do they do about repeat orders?
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts