Blog: What are you trying to say?
Leonie Barrie | 13 August 2004
Is your name an unusual one? Or do you have a saying or phrase that’s unique or well- (possibly over-) used? Not the most obvious idea for a new business, but that hasn’t deterred a San Francisco-based firm SayWear from launching “the first online T-shirt sayings registry and e-commerce site.” It works like this: you check your word or saying against an online database – and if it hasn’t been grabbed already, you are “allowed” to buy the one-of-a-kind T-shirt bearing that inscription. Each order comes with proof of registration, and registered sayings are locked from subsequent purchases.
Perhaps the pithy T-shirt statement neatly encapsulates the world we live in, or as the founders say “mass-uniqueness in a mass-market world.” The only downside…what do they do about repeat orders?
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022