Blog: What next...tag-free bras?
Leonie Barrie | 19 July 2004
We've had tag-free T-shirts; are bras about to follow? A slick 'viral' ad campaign is creating a bit of a buzz about its real intentions. Is it a genuine consumer-driven campaign to rid bras of itchy, scratchy labels - or is it, as some believe, a well-planned marketing exercise to pre-empt the launch of a new tagless bra?
A video links to a website called 'Smart Women Against Tags' (SWAT) where some of the comments have a distinctly commercial edge: "What are the important features to have on your bra? Underwire? Seamless? Padding? How is the average woman supposed to know which type of bra suits her figure best?"
Sounds a bit too much like a customer questionnaire to me. The site's also collecting signatures (and no doubt building a great database of potential customers in the process). Oh, and the domain name is reportedly registered to Sara Lee. Expect tag-free bras to hit the stores soon.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts