Blog: Wheeler dealers
Leonie Barrie | 8 March 2007
Those shoes with wheels seem to be everywhere, so it’s not surprising Heelys, the company that makes the rolling footwear posted such strong quarterly results yesterday. But I couldn’t help but be amused by this comment on The Motley Fool:
“Two of the best-performing IPOs last year were shoemakers Heelys and Crocs. Then again, they're not just making cookie-cutter footwear. Each company has lived up to its hype as an industry disruptor by bringing something new to the table. The hole-laden Crocs may be ugly, and the rolling Heelys may be dangerous, but consumers have taken to the funky footwear. Find a way to get some wheels to pop out of those cozy Crocs sandals, and fuhgeddaboutit!”
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report