Blog: Wheeler dealers
Leonie Barrie | 8 March 2007
Those shoes with wheels seem to be everywhere, so it’s not surprising Heelys, the company that makes the rolling footwear posted such strong quarterly results yesterday. But I couldn’t help but be amused by this comment on The Motley Fool:
“Two of the best-performing IPOs last year were shoemakers Heelys and Crocs. Then again, they're not just making cookie-cutter footwear. Each company has lived up to its hype as an industry disruptor by bringing something new to the table. The hole-laden Crocs may be ugly, and the rolling Heelys may be dangerous, but consumers have taken to the funky footwear. Find a way to get some wheels to pop out of those cozy Crocs sandals, and fuhgeddaboutit!”
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report