Blog: When less is more
Leonie Barrie | 21 February 2005
If you could put together a list of the top fashion items of all time, what would it include? Well, perhaps not surprisingly, jeans, the little black dress, combats, trainers and trench coats all made it into the top ten in a poll of 3,500 shoppers at London store Harvey Nichols. Heading the all-time favourites was the mini skirt – a modern wardrobe staple even though it was first invented by designer Andre Coureges, put on the catwalk by Mary Quant and became a symbol of the swinging sixties.
And the ten worst fashion items? Those that have definitely not stood the test of time included shell suits, puff ball skirts, leg warmers, hot pants and tank tops. And showing how one person’s fashion favourite is another’s fashion nightmare flares, ponchos and platform shoes had the dubious honour of being on both lists.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective