Blog: When less is more
Leonie Barrie | 21 February 2005
If you could put together a list of the top fashion items of all time, what would it include? Well, perhaps not surprisingly, jeans, the little black dress, combats, trainers and trench coats all made it into the top ten in a poll of 3,500 shoppers at London store Harvey Nichols. Heading the all-time favourites was the mini skirt – a modern wardrobe staple even though it was first invented by designer Andre Coureges, put on the catwalk by Mary Quant and became a symbol of the swinging sixties.
And the ten worst fashion items? Those that have definitely not stood the test of time included shell suits, puff ball skirts, leg warmers, hot pants and tank tops. And showing how one person’s fashion favourite is another’s fashion nightmare flares, ponchos and platform shoes had the dubious honour of being on both lists.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts