Blog: Who's stepping into Galliano's shoes?
Katie Smith | 14 March 2011
Following the dismissal of designer John Galliano, rumours have spread about who will replace him.
Irish bookmaker Paddy Power has revealed Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci as a favourite.
Tisci was Paddy Power's favourite at 3/1 on 1 March but his odds were only 8/11 when the book closed yesterday (14 March).
"We're not sure if it was the unconfirmed rumours that Tisci had the job driving the betting but it certainly looks like the job is his!" said spokesperson for Paddy Power, Sharon McHugh.
Possible candidates for the job also include Alber Elbaz at 9/2, Roland Mouret at 5/1 and Stefano Pilati at 6/1. Lower down the list, Katie Price could also have a chance, although very small at 1000/1.
Paddy Power has now opened a book on who will replace Tisci at Givenchy should he confirm his move to Dior. Olivier Theyskens and Phoebe Philo are amongst those on the list.
We will have to wait and see who has the hot spot...
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack