Blog: Who's stepping into Galliano's shoes?
Katie Smith | 14 March 2011
Following the dismissal of designer John Galliano, rumours have spread about who will replace him.
Irish bookmaker Paddy Power has revealed Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci as a favourite.
Tisci was Paddy Power's favourite at 3/1 on 1 March but his odds were only 8/11 when the book closed yesterday (14 March).
"We're not sure if it was the unconfirmed rumours that Tisci had the job driving the betting but it certainly looks like the job is his!" said spokesperson for Paddy Power, Sharon McHugh.
Possible candidates for the job also include Alber Elbaz at 9/2, Roland Mouret at 5/1 and Stefano Pilati at 6/1. Lower down the list, Katie Price could also have a chance, although very small at 1000/1.
Paddy Power has now opened a book on who will replace Tisci at Givenchy should he confirm his move to Dior. Olivier Theyskens and Phoebe Philo are amongst those on the list.
We will have to wait and see who has the hot spot...
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts