Blog: Will India cotton on?
Leonie Barrie | 30 November 2007
At first glance it looks like the Indian government has taken heed of repeated calls for help from an industry that is struggling to stay competitive in the face of a steadily rising rupee. In a relief package unveiled yesterday, there are plans to reduce the import duty on polyester and man-made fibres and this lower the raw material costs for fibre and garment makers.
But as the Confederation of Indian Textile Industry (CITI) points out, these measures will only provide limited support. Why? Well more than 75% of India’s textile and garment exports consist of cotton products – for which no concessions have been made.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar