Blog: Wimbledon in knickers net
Leonie Barrie | 28 June 2007
So much for the tennis! Not only has the centre court action at Wimbledon been washed out by the rain, but discussions on yesterday’s games were dominated by a pair of knickers. French player Tatiana Golovin turned up on court wearing red underwear – throwing the referees into turmoil over whether or not she was breaking the tournament’s “predominantly white” dress code.
She was eventually given the go-ahead to play on, but only after it was agreed that they ended above the hemline. Not only was her choice of dress a first, but so was the opening question in the post-match news conference: “Can I ask you about your knickers?”
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report