Blog: World Retail Congress 09 opens
Joe Ayling | 5 May 2009
Greetings from Barcelona where just-style is attending the World Retail Congress 09 for the next three days.
The Spanish city continues as a host for the annual event and attendees are braced for home truths about the recession, developing markets and sourcing.
Despite the global recession, Barcelona is sure to lure retail delegates each year thanks to attractions including spectacular cathedrals and bustling Ramblas.
Retailers here looking to innovate should look no further than clothing chain 'Desigual, it's not the same,' which is dotted throughout the city's shopping district.
As the name suggests, Desigual's shops offer a different experience to most shops, with booming music and deafeningly loud colours inside.
My journey to Barcelona with Easyjet touched down slightly early yesterday, prompting the pilot to joke: "I don't know how we do it for the money really."
just-style wants to leave its readers with the same feeling this week, so look out for news, comment, blogs and Tweets from this year's World Retail Congress.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
One of the few saving graces of the current financial crisis will be a new and more efficient fashion retail landscape when the recovery ends....
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar