Blog: World Retail Congress 09 opens
Joe Ayling | 5 May 2009
Greetings from Barcelona where just-style is attending the World Retail Congress 09 for the next three days.
The Spanish city continues as a host for the annual event and attendees are braced for home truths about the recession, developing markets and sourcing.
Despite the global recession, Barcelona is sure to lure retail delegates each year thanks to attractions including spectacular cathedrals and bustling Ramblas.
Retailers here looking to innovate should look no further than clothing chain 'Desigual, it's not the same,' which is dotted throughout the city's shopping district.
As the name suggests, Desigual's shops offer a different experience to most shops, with booming music and deafeningly loud colours inside.
My journey to Barcelona with Easyjet touched down slightly early yesterday, prompting the pilot to joke: "I don't know how we do it for the money really."
just-style wants to leave its readers with the same feeling this week, so look out for news, comment, blogs and Tweets from this year's World Retail Congress.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
One of the few saving graces of the current financial crisis will be a new and more efficient fashion retail landscape when the recovery ends....
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores