Blog: World Retail Congress 2014
Michelle Russell | 28 September 2014
The annual World Retail Congress has returned to Paris this week for three days where the great and the good of the retail industry have converged to discuss the industry climate as we move out of a tough economic climate. New technologies, the rise of omni-channel, innovation and the supply chain of the future will all be discussed.
Confirmed speakers from the apparel retail sector include JC Penney CEO Mike Ullman, Li & Fung chairman William Fung, John Lewis MD Andy Street, and Mango's SVP of business development Jose Gomez.
just-style will be bringing you coverage of the conference over two days so be sure to check back on the site for updates.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
While progress has been made in talks on the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) pact, the EU and US have this week outlined areas where significant work remains to be done....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022