Blog: World Retail Congress 2014
Michelle Russell | 28 September 2014
The annual World Retail Congress has returned to Paris this week for three days where the great and the good of the retail industry have converged to discuss the industry climate as we move out of a tough economic climate. New technologies, the rise of omni-channel, innovation and the supply chain of the future will all be discussed.
Confirmed speakers from the apparel retail sector include JC Penney CEO Mike Ullman, Li & Fung chairman William Fung, John Lewis MD Andy Street, and Mango's SVP of business development Jose Gomez.
just-style will be bringing you coverage of the conference over two days so be sure to check back on the site for updates.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Online retail giant Amazon is making its move on the Middle East with the acquisition of Dubai-based online shopping retailer Souq.com....
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
Edward Lampert, CEO of US retail giant Sears Holdings Corp, has purchased almost 526,000 shares in the same week the company expressed "substantial doubt" as to whether it can continue to operate as a...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack