Blog: Xtreme sheep
Leonie Barrie | 9 June 2006
Sheep come in all shapes and sizes, but it’s the ugly ones that Australian boffins are looking for. A search has been launched by The South Australian Research and Development Institute to try to track down the country's ugliest merinos – ones born with rough, uneven or extra-curly wool, bald patches, or even very wrinkled skin – to try to identify genes that produce high quality wool.
According to researcher Paul Hynd, a DNA study of these sheep could help make Australian wool more stretchy, less scratchy, shinier and easier to spin. If you’re still not sure what an ugly sheep is, take a look at some of the pictures:
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack