Webinar by just-style: Near-sourcing: a new opportunity for apparel firms?
This event took place on October 25, 2012 at 4pm UK / 11am US / 5pm EUR /12am HKT
There has been a lot of talk this year by apparel retailers, brands and importers on both sides of the Atlantic about increasing the amount of products they source closer to home.
But how realistic is such a move and is it likely to prove more than a passing trend?
This new webinar from just-style will highlight the key drivers, benefits and challenges of moving apparel manufacturing closer to markets in the US and western Europe. We will also review whether there are realistic steps buyers and manufacturers can take to reap the benefits of near-shoring.
In addition, the webinar will discuss the role played by technology in enabling and supporting any shift of production closer to home.
Leonie Barrie, managing editor of just-style will outline the key findings of a new white paper - Is there a future for garment near-shoring? - which will be available to download after the event.
Judy Gnaedig, director of Lectra Strategic Projects – Fashion, will look at the role played by technology in enabling and supporting a shift in production closer to retail.
Finally, as always the sessions will include a Q&A session, giving you the chance to get involved.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015