Webinar by just-style: Near-sourcing: a new opportunity for apparel firms?
This event took place on October 25, 2012 at 4pm UK / 11am US / 5pm EUR /12am HKT
There has been a lot of talk this year by apparel retailers, brands and importers on both sides of the Atlantic about increasing the amount of products they source closer to home.
But how realistic is such a move and is it likely to prove more than a passing trend?
This new webinar from just-style will highlight the key drivers, benefits and challenges of moving apparel manufacturing closer to markets in the US and western Europe. We will also review whether there are realistic steps buyers and manufacturers can take to reap the benefits of near-shoring.
In addition, the webinar will discuss the role played by technology in enabling and supporting any shift of production closer to home.
Leonie Barrie, managing editor of just-style will outline the key findings of a new white paper - Is there a future for garment near-shoring? - which will be available to download after the event.
Judy Gnaedig, director of Lectra Strategic Projects – Fashion, will look at the role played by technology in enabling and supporting a shift in production closer to retail.
Finally, as always the sessions will include a Q&A session, giving you the chance to get involved.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022