Webinar by just-style: Sourcing in China: what's the alternative?
This event took place on February 1, 2012 at 4pm UK / 11am US / 12am HKT / 5pm EUR
Is there an alternative to China as the dominant location for apparel sourcing?
China's growth in recent years has led to concerns the sourcing giant is losing its competitive edge. Is this really the case? If so, why? And where, if at all, are the alternatives?
Leonie Barrie, Managing Editor of just-style, Kurt Cavano, CEO of Tradecard and Mike Flanagan CEO of garment industry consultancy Clothesource, examine the key trends in the debate, including:
- Why China dominates overall in apparel sourcing
- The competitiveness of alternative locations
- How garment manufacturing is likely to develop through the end of the decade
- Things to look at when considering a sourcing alternative to China
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015