Webinar by just-style: Sourcing in China: what's the alternative?
This event took place on February 1, 2012 at 4pm UK / 11am US / 12am HKT / 5pm EUR
Is there an alternative to China as the dominant location for apparel sourcing?
China's growth in recent years has led to concerns the sourcing giant is losing its competitive edge. Is this really the case? If so, why? And where, if at all, are the alternatives?
Leonie Barrie, Managing Editor of just-style, Kurt Cavano, CEO of Tradecard and Mike Flanagan CEO of garment industry consultancy Clothesource, examine the key trends in the debate, including:
- Why China dominates overall in apparel sourcing
- The competitiveness of alternative locations
- How garment manufacturing is likely to develop through the end of the decade
- Things to look at when considering a sourcing alternative to China
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- Australian brands lack supply chain visibility
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Cotton growers facing “neglect, abuse and poverty”
- Authentic Brands acquires Jones New York