Webinar by just-style: Sourcing in China: what's the alternative?
This event took place on February 1, 2012 at 4pm UK / 11am US / 12am HKT / 5pm EUR
Is there an alternative to China as the dominant location for apparel sourcing?
China's growth in recent years has led to concerns the sourcing giant is losing its competitive edge. Is this really the case? If so, why? And where, if at all, are the alternatives?
Leonie Barrie, Managing Editor of just-style, Kurt Cavano, CEO of Tradecard and Mike Flanagan CEO of garment industry consultancy Clothesource, examine the key trends in the debate, including:
- Why China dominates overall in apparel sourcing
- The competitiveness of alternative locations
- How garment manufacturing is likely to develop through the end of the decade
- Things to look at when considering a sourcing alternative to China
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment