Webinar by just-style: Sourcing in China: what's the alternative?
This event took place on February 1, 2012 at 4pm UK / 11am US / 12am HKT / 5pm EUR
Is there an alternative to China as the dominant location for apparel sourcing?
China's growth in recent years has led to concerns the sourcing giant is losing its competitive edge. Is this really the case? If so, why? And where, if at all, are the alternatives?
Leonie Barrie, Managing Editor of just-style, Kurt Cavano, CEO of Tradecard and Mike Flanagan CEO of garment industry consultancy Clothesource, examine the key trends in the debate, including:
- Why China dominates overall in apparel sourcing
- The competitiveness of alternative locations
- How garment manufacturing is likely to develop through the end of the decade
- Things to look at when considering a sourcing alternative to China
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019