Webinar by just-style: Sourcing in China: what's the alternative?
This event took place on February 1, 2012 at 4pm UK / 11am US / 12am HKT / 5pm EUR
Is there an alternative to China as the dominant location for apparel sourcing?
China's growth in recent years has led to concerns the sourcing giant is losing its competitive edge. Is this really the case? If so, why? And where, if at all, are the alternatives?
Leonie Barrie, Managing Editor of just-style, Kurt Cavano, CEO of Tradecard and Mike Flanagan CEO of garment industry consultancy Clothesource, examine the key trends in the debate, including:
- Why China dominates overall in apparel sourcing
- The competitiveness of alternative locations
- How garment manufacturing is likely to develop through the end of the decade
- Things to look at when considering a sourcing alternative to China
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Vietnam factories face fire safety challenge
- Wage theft of migrants in Thai apparel industry
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade
- Nike shares slide on future orders in Q2
- Philippines added to European Union GSP+ scheme