Italian apparel and textiles manufacturer Inghirami Group is to invest up to 100 million euros in 210 new stores across Europe and Asia.

The Milan-based group, whose companies include Duca Visconti di Modrone, Reggiani and Sanremo, plans to open 70 per cent of that total in Italy and the remaining 30 per cent in countries such as China.

Inghirami currently operates around 40 retail outlets and last year enjoyed a turnover of around 250 million euros. It also has production facilities in eastern Europe and France and China.