The Italian fashion group Fendi has set up a joint venture with Japanese distribution firm AOI, according to reports in Italian newspaper Il Sole. AOI has been the Japanese distributor for the group for the past 30 years but will now own 30 per cent stake in the new company Fendi Japan, with the remaining 70 per cent being owned by Rome based Fendi Group.