Fashion retailer Trent has signed its second joint venture deal with Inditex Group to develop and promote Massimo Dutti stores in India.

Inditex will hold a 51% stake in the proposed joint venture company and Trent will hold the remaining 49%.

The deal comes a year after Inditex and Indian industrial giant Tata, which owns Trent, set up a joint venture to take the Spanish fashion retailers' flagship banner Zara to India's booming market. Zara currently has four stores opened in New Delhi and Mumbai.

As part of the company's global expansion, Inditex's Massimo brand entered into the Baltic States in June this year. The brand was acquired by the Inditex Group in 1991, and currently has 530 stores in 50 countries.