French sportswear and leisure equipment maker Lafuma has bought German equestrian clothing maker Georg Schumacher for EUR750,000 (US$904,383).

Georg Schumacher posted a turnover of EUR2.2m in 2005, with 60% of sales being generated in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the remaining 40% in northern Europe.

Lafuma, whose brands include Le Chameau and Oxbow, is keen to boost its presence in Germany.