EXCLUSIVE: US: Two day virtual bootcamp promises PLM education for apparel, footwear and retail companies
19 August 2009 | News | Source: just-style
WYSWYG Productions is to host the first virtual Product Lifecycle Management educational event for the consumer products industry – PLM Bootcamp 09’. The event will contain two days of packed educational webinars designed to help apparel, footwear, retail and manufacturing organisations learn about PLM and PLM best practices.
As official media partner for the event, the just-style PLM hub will provide access to event details and associated announcements as they break.
The organisers say the Bootcamp will be relevant to: IT, Product Development, Design, Merchandising, Marketing, Graphic Design, Material Development, Color Teams, Quality Assurance Teams, Technical Design and Fit Teams, and C- level executives such as CEO, COO, CFO and CIO’s that work in retail and manufacturing. The Bootcamp is also open to students of fashion, merchandising and textiles.
The Bootcamp will address issues faced in the consumer products, apparel, footwear, textile, toys, packaging, equipment, uniforms and sporting goods sectors.
“The PLM Bootcamp 09’ is a Virtual Event” Says Leah Poller, V.P. of WYSWYG Productions. “No more walking down halls all day, checking into hotels, airfare and feeling like each event is an assault on your senses budget and schedule. Imagine having the ability to be there, when you want to, how you want to and learn what you want to at your own pace”.
About PLM Bootcamp 09
PLM Bootcamp 09’ will be held on Thursday, October 8th and Friday, October 9th, 2009. Each day will start with a keynote speaker and be followed by a series of six fifty minute sessions. The day will end with a virtual networking event which follows a panel session with the day’s presenters. Virtual exhibitor booths offering whitepapers, demo videos and chat are available to attendees of the program.
Sessions will be moderated and include individual PLM thought leaders as well as panels.
Session topics include:
- The Thinking Executive’s Guide to a Better PLM Implementation
- Develop a PLM strategy and reach your PLM goals
- Look under the hood before you buy! A technical assessment guide to selecting and purchasing a PLM solution;
- PLM ROI Secrets – Learn how much money you can save by spending the right amount on your PLM solution
- So you are going to buy a PLM solution? How to develop a PLM RFP – so your questions get answered before it’s too late
- The Art of PLM Leadership – Lessons from the Executive suite to the corner office
- Don’t pave the cow paths - Understand your As- is processes to better implement your PLM Solution
- PLM unplugged –how to leverage PLM to do things better, faster and with more control then ever
- The PLM Implementation Methodology Guide - Step by step do’s and don’ts for implementing PLM solutions
- PLM 911 – Measure twice and cut once: Manage your risk when implementing PLM with better requirements gathering
- If its not used its useless- Don’t worry be Happy with your PLM solution
- One Version of the Truth - Learn about the tools available to connect systems, data, people and processes and more
The program is sponsored in part by analysts Technology evaluation, vendor Zweave, Inc, RFA consultants TBC unlimited, and Vconference Online.
About WYSWYG Productions LLC
WYSWYG Productions is the media and event planning and production division of WYSWYG, LLC. The company offers live events, webinars and virtual event production.
About Zweave, Inc
Zweave, Inc. provides on-demand Design Automation Software, serving the needs of federal and consumer product development organizations. Zweaves solutions target organisations that design, source and manufacture clothing, footwear, equipment, textiles and consumer products,
About TBC Unlimited
TBC Unlimited, Inc. is a PLM consulting and software implementation services firm, assisting companies to find solutions that improve productivity, reduce waste and shorten cycle time within the product development process. TBC consultants come from and focus on the soft-goods industries.
vConferenceOnline helps companies host virtual events, virtual conferences and live virtual events.