Infor Unveils Latest Version of Infor PLM Runtime for Apparel and Footwear Manufacturers
10 June 2008 | News | Source: Infor
Infor today announced the latest version of Infor PLM Runtime, a comprehensive Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution for the apparel and footwear manufacturing industries. With nearly 40 new features, the new version includes tools to help manufacturers enhance collaboration with suppliers and improve the efficiency and timeliness of new product development and introduction processes. Infor PLM Runtime enables apparel and footwear manufacturers around the globe to design, source and deliver innovative products.
In today’s fashion industry, rapid style changes dictate that the lifecycle of seasonal product lines may only be a few weeks. This narrow window requires manufacturers to improve supplier collaboration as part of a more efficient supply chain. When changes occur throughout the supply chain, Infor PLM Runtime enables companies to adjust without disrupting their normal business processes, reducing the risk of not meeting customer requirements. In addition, a new self-service feature enables suppliers to access real-time information, simplifying communication across the entire supply chain and significantly reducing shipping costs and production time.
According to recent Aberdeen Group research, apparel and footwear manufacturers considered to be best-in-class are 50 percent more likely to use PLM software, which helps them to manage aggressive production, cost and revenue goals and improve profitability by ensuring on-time product delivery.
New features in Infor PLM Runtime include:
- Supplier delivery management, which ensures on-time and on-budget delivery of components from multiple vendors to the manufacturer
- Cross-brand checking, which enables companies who design and produce multiple brands in the same manufacturing facility to ensure the consistency and integrity of each brand
- More universal symbols for care labels, eliminating the need to translate care instructions for products sold globally
- Sample order processing, which permits multiple bids to be sent to vendors and automatically converted to sales orders. This capability allows manufacturers to assess new brands and vendors without impacting the production process
- Improved cost calculators allow manufacturers to model for multiple production and supplier scenarios and make trade-offs as necessary to minimize costs. With this enhancement, companies can identify and certify secondary and tertiary suppliers to source materials quickly and ensure accurate costing
“As more apparel and footwear manufacturers move their production overseas to cut costs, the ability to communicate across the enterprise becomes more of a challenge,” said Rory Granros, director, Industry and Product Marketing, process industries & PLM, Infor. “The new enhancements in Infor PLM Runtime enable manufacturers to effectively manage these globalization challenges and control the flow of product data across their organization, while improving communication with suppliers during the critical development phase.”
Infor delivers business-specific software to enterprising organizations. With experience built in, Infor’s solutions enable businesses of all sizes to be more enterprising and adapt to the rapid changes of a global marketplace. With more than 70,000 customers, Infor is changing what businesses expect from an enterprise software provider.
Read about Infor in the PLM directory