US: New release of Aras Innovator PLM software available
4 April 2009 | News | Source: Aras
Earlier this week a new release of open source PLM software, Aras Innovator, was made available for download from their site. The system is based on Microsoft SOA technologies.
According to Marc Lind, VP Marketing for Aras Corp, "the update is a major release that includes hundreds of features and enhancements". Functionality included in the licence-free software includes:
- ECO / MCO simple engineering change workflows
- New Redline capabilities for BOMs, suppliers, documents, and more
- SharePoint standard integration
- Search center including ad hoc queries, Microsoft search, and GlobalSpec
- Modular process planner for FMEAs and Control Plans
- Updated modern Microsoft 'look & feel'
- Graphical Web services 'builder' in Solution Studio
- Even faster performance
Commenting on the new release Marc Lind continued "Ready to use from installation there is more usable functionality than Windchill, Agile, or any other PLM system and the enterprise open source format means that you have complete access for unlimited users without any license costs (i.e. free)."
The company claim the software can be downloaded and installed within 30 minutes
The release is available from the Aras Innovator PLM web site.
Read about Aras in the PLM directory