Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
Greater integration and cooperation among African states is needed to boost business and investment in the continent's cotton, textiles and apparel sector, a three-day industry conference in Nairobi, Kenya, has been told.>
Another industry event looking at prospects for the British fashion industry has homed in on the need for partnership and collaboration if the sector is to thrive once more. Industry experts suggest working together on domestic manufacturing, rebuilding sector skills and technology trends, reports Katie Smith.>
On top of mounting concerns over the impact of worsening delays on shipments of holiday merchandise arriving at US west coast ports, analysts are now warning retailers and manufacturers to expect tighter capacity and higher shipping rates to persist into 2015.>
An online tool to help apparel brands, retailers and manufacturers work towards improved wages for garment workers in global supply chains has been updated in a move that marks another step towards the eventual provision of a living wage.>
Driving meaningful change towards sustainability in textiles within organisations, within the industry, and with consumers topped the agenda at last week's Textile Exchange Conference.>
The Uzbekistan government has continued to use "systematic, mass forced labour" in this year's cotton harvest, campaigners say, claiming more adults had to work against their will to make up for a reduction in the number of children in the fields.>
Current hot issue
Driving meaningful change towards sustainability in textiles within organisations, within the industry, and with consumers topped the agenda at last week's Textile Exchange Conference.
Apparel brands have been urged to stay committed to Cambodia after a 28% rise in the minimum monthly wage was agreed for textile, garment and footwear workers.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Invista and Lenzing collaborate on denim fibre
- Alvanon showcases new fit and sizing tool
- Ross Stores Q3 profit up but outlook cautious
- Destination XL Group Q3 loss deepens
- Foot Locker books "solid" Q3 profit
- Top stories this week on just-style...
- Perry Ellis defends position after narrowing Q3 loss
- US apparel prices continue to fall
- Fewer US consumers to shop over Thanksgiving
- The Buckle books mixed Q3 results
- Cato Corp Q3 exceeds guidance
- The Children's Place Q3 at high end of guidance
- Mothercare making progress as moves to H1 profit
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- Uzbekistan forces more adults into cotton harvest
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase