Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
With World Water Week kicking off in Stockholm this Sunday (31 August), the need for better use of increasingly limited water resources will be in the spotlight. And with water scarcity posing a potential risk to the global cotton industry, the apparel supply chain is being urged to do more to tackle the fibre's huge water footprint.>
The second biggest shopping season of the year is drawing to a close, but it appears many people have yet to wrap up their back-to-school buying. With consumers continuing to remain cautious about their spending, promotions and bargains are set to drive sales for clothing and footwear retailers this year - with those offering on-trend product likely to fare best.>
Decisions on where to focus supply chains involve a complicated mix of wages, productivity, energy costs, currency values and other factors - all of which are quietly but dramatically redrawing the map of global manufacturing cost competitiveness, new research suggests.>
Any talk of Gap Inc's portfolio invariably focuses on its Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy brands. But new number crunching suggests the company's Athleta women's athletic wear line is also gaining momentum.>
Following its spin-off from Li & Fung last month, fashion apparel, footwear and accessories business Global Brands Group has outlined the firm's strategy as it heads into the second half. Its focus will include more licensing deals and fewer acquisitions.>
Hot on the heels of expanding its Dockers brand license agreement with Levi Strauss & Co for the third time in four months, Hampshire Group CEO Paul Buxbaum is optimistic the company turnaround is starting to take hold. Here he talks to just-style about new opportunities and on-going efforts to leverage the firm's supply chain.>
Current hot issue
Li & Fung has outlined a number of new frontiers the global sourcing giant is looking to explore as it works through its three-year roadmap, which it hopes will capture new customers in new categories and countries, and increase the group's cross-selling activities.
Inditex-owned fast fashion chain Zara has gone and done it again.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- AUSTRALIA: Billabong reveals supply chain appointments
- NETHERLANDS: Closed loop workwear project to scale globally
- AUSTRALIA: Pumpkin Patch takes $12m hit on IT and stores
- BELGIUM: Van de Velde H1 profit plummets on Intimacy brand
- just-style's research roundup
- UK: Consumer confidence bounces back in August
- GERMANY: Adidas aims to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- UK: Stemming tide of decline a priority for Tesco
- MYANMAR: Joins with US to develop labour rights initiative
- FRANCE: Etam Group H1 profit and sales climb
- ITALY: Salvatore Ferragamo earnings fall in H1
- US: Yarn firm CS Carolina to expand Burlington plant
- CHINA: Signs MoU with India to explore textile business ties
- Top stories this week on just-style...
- US: Pacific Sunwear moves to profit in Q2
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Bangladesh workers in constructive employer talks
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Joint programme to promote compliance in Pakistan
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details