Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
A new tool that could bring greater transparency to complex global apparel supply chains has been developed by UK start-up Provenance. Based on the Bitcoin blockchain platform, which enables digital asset transfers across the internet, the technology can create a unique digital record that verifies, tracks and traces each step of the production process, without the need for software.>
Mexico's textiles and apparel industry expects revenues to grow 4% to roughly MXN26bn (US$1.6bn) in 2015, helped by a bounce-back in US exports and buoyant domestic demand, industry observers say.>
Turkish clothing exporters are facing tough times, with the falling euro taking a big bite out of Turkish ready-to-wear clothing export revenues, at a time when weak economic performance across Europe is dampening its key markets. But there could also be a silver lining, executives tell just-style.>
For the past three years, industrial action has been on the rise in all Asian garment exporting countries. It is a replay of similar events that occurred almost everywhere in the early stages of industrial union development, says David Birnbaum. The difference, however, is that regulations relating to workers and factory working conditions are usually imposed by Western importers.>
G-Star RAW thrives on innovative design, new wash and dye techniques, and sustainability - weaving these into its products and processes for the last 26 years. And for global brand manager Remco de Nijs, the edgy label's DNA continues to push the boundaries of denim.>
US apparel giant VF Corp has confirmed its interest in Africa as a sourcing destination as it continues to create a "balanced portfolio" of countries where it can manufacture its products.>
Current hot issue
US apparel giant VF Corp has confirmed its interest in Africa as a sourcing destination as it continues to create a "balanced portfolio" of countries where it can manufacture its products.
We’re offering a range of daily deals on just-style research this week, with each day offering an opportunity to purchase two different reports at reduced rates.
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Egypt clothing makers help reverse cotton import ban
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble in five years
- Hermes promises action over animal cruelty claims
- Hanesbrands cuts sales outlook after Q2 profit slide
- Intertextile Shanghai to cover entire denim chain
- Currency headwinds widen Deckers Brands Q1 loss
- Columbia Sportswear lifts outlook despite Q2 loss
- New dye-sublimation printers for clothing and sportswear
- Top stories this week on just-style...
- Crocs Q2 profit plummets on lower sales
- JD Sports FY profit to beat expectations
- US consumers embracing water-repellent down
- UK consumer confidence weakens in July
- Retailers to answer over supply chain human trafficking
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects