Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
A new cotton mill in the north of England could help revive UK-based supply chains once production gets underway this autumn, spinning the highest quality yarn for high-end apparel. Last week just-style paid a visit to the mill, located in Greater Manchester.>
The fashion industry thrives on its ability to react to trends. In the age of Instagram fashionistas, each with millions of followers, never has it been more important for these reactions to be lightning fast. Among the tools to help fashion firms meet these demands are unified technology solutions that offer substance over style.>
A warm winter and a cold spring have been blamed for a fall in sales at value fashion retailer Primark. But its lack of e-commerce also leaves it without the flexibility to highlight more transitional ranges and weather appropriate collections online, according to Bernadette Kissane, senior analyst for apparel and footwear at Euromonitor International.>
A link has been established between improved working conditions in the apparel industry and a resulting boost to factory competitiveness – but the sourcing practices of global buyers remains one of the biggest challenges to progress.>
Myanmar garment industry exports soared by around 20% last year, while footwear exports also surged as the Southeast Asia country gained new sourcing partners and invested in high end manufacturing.>
Performance footwear and apparel brand Under Armour has taken a much-anticipated step to broaden its appeal to a more mainstream audience with its new Under Armour Sportswear brand – or what the company describes as ‘Modern American Sportswear.’>
Current hot issue
What is the future likely to hold when it comes to forecasts on supply, demand, prices, challenges and opportunities for raw materials used in apparel production – including cotton, synthetics, leather and wool? Here we take a closer look.
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fallout for apparel and footwear importers and exporters unclear.
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Cambodia raises garment worker minimum wage to US$153
- H&M launches new Close the Loop denim collection
- UK women's trainer sales overtake high heels for first time
- EU apparel groups continue to support TTIP talks
- H&M Q3 earnings tumble on strong dollar
- UK consumer confidence rebounds in September
- John Lewis MD Street steps down for political role
- American Eagle Outfitters taps Ralph Lauren's Madore as CFO
- Stein Mart makes CEO switch amid falling sales
- Target chief digital officer leaves after 4 months
- Top stories this week on just-style...
- Special sewing construction enhances Munsingwear down gilet
- Dcore adds odour control to workout wear
- Growing commitment to Responsible Wool Standard
- First Bangladesh labour inspection strategy underway
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Fashion meets function with end-to-end solutions
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Vietnam garment exports slow as orders stall
- Nike digital direction pushes speed and innovation
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- PVH debuts Van Heusen self-fastening shirts