Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
The recent move by the Myanmar Garment Manufacturers Association (MGMA) to establish a voluntary Code of Conduct for its members is seen as a sign of its commitment to becoming a responsible sourcing destination. The next question is what more needs to be done in order for the Code to be implemented and become effective?>
Gap Inc CEO Art Peck has only been in the job for a matter of weeks, but his early “to do” list is already assuming somewhat alarming proportions.>
Bangladesh's textile and clothing exporters, still reeling from the impact of continuing political unrest in the country, now say they are facing a second shock wave: the freefall of the euro.>
The US has signed a new trade cooperation agreement with five East African countries, in a move that also paves the way for a special East African regional strategy under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).>
Some 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013.>
International fashion brands and retailers are being urged to help build a more resilient cotton supply chain in China if they want to secure supplies of the raw material for the future. But can they really make a difference, and why should they care?>
Current hot issue
The recent move by the Myanmar Garment Manufacturers Association (MGMA) to establish a voluntary Code of Conduct for its members is seen as a sign of its commitment to becoming a responsible sourcing destination. The next question is what more needs to be done in order for the Code to be implemented and become effective?
International fashion brands and retailers are being urged to help build a more resilient cotton supply chain in China if they want to secure supplies of the raw material for the future. But can they really make a difference, and why should they care?
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Target to axe thousands of jobs in restructure
- Hugo Boss attacked over labour rights record
- Child labour “traps millions” in South Asia
- Cotton stocks set for 35-year high
- Kate Spade posts huge Q4 profit gain
- Justice mars Ascena Q2 performance
- Filippa K utilises fluorocarbon-free technology
- Supply chain segmentation becoming mainstream
- UK clothing price deflation accelerates in February
- Myer promotes supply chain chief Umbers to CEO
- Hampshire Group CFO Darwin departs
- American Eagle in management restructuring
- Woolworths Australia moves to single PLM platform
- Xperia launches PLM suite for apparel and footwear
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019