Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
On the fourth anniversary of the Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh, just-style looks at the changes that have been made to improve worker and building safety within the country's ready-made garment industry. While progress has undoubtedly been made, questions remain about the speed of remediation if all parties involved are to leave their legacy of safer factories in 2018.>
Industry groups, brands and unions have reaffirmed their commitment to ensuring the completion and long-term reform of Bangladesh's apparel industry on the fourth anniversary of the Rana Plaza disaster.>
After months of loud – and often unrealistic – sloganeering, both the Trump Revolution and Britain’s Brexit plans got a transforming injection of hard-nosed practicality in the first few weeks of April.>
Getting brands and retailers to think differently about the way they connect with workers in their supplier factories is key to producing more reliable audits in the future, says Heather Franzese, executive director and co-founder of Good World Solutions. She explains how direct worker feedback from its mobile survey platform, Laborlink, is being used to help bring about change, drive sourcing decisions and give deeper visibility into the supply chain.>
America may have scrapped its major sanctions against emerging outsourcing centre Myanmar, and brought back the southeast Asian country's GSP (Generalised System of Preferences) access to US markets, but the impact on the clothing trade has so far been underwhelming.>
VF Corp’s latest five-year growth plan sets out the company’s goals to 2021, including a ramped-up focus on its top-performing Vans, Timberland and The North Face brands. Underpinning its plans, the company notes, is a rapidly changing marketplace – and the pivotal role played by its supply chain.>
Current hot issue
On the fourth anniversary of the Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh, just-style looks at the changes that have been made to improve worker and building safety within the country's ready-made garment industry.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung.
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Gucci leads "outstanding" Kering Q1
- Deckers considering sale amid Q3 profit tumble
- Brandix rolls out Tuka systems for all divisions worldwide
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Sears raises savings target to $1.25bn, names new CFO
- Bangladesh judges trained on International Labour Standards
- Nike "reinforced denim" patent could signal athleisure move
- EU project seeks sustainable ideas for EUR2.4m grant
- Avery Dennison opens interactive R&D centre
- Mamiye Brothers acquires baby and toddler brand Kissy Kissy
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Fairtrade cotton footprint five times lower than conventional
- Adidas and Reebok top supply chain transparency index
- Adidas to launch three new ocean waste running shoes
- UK consumer confidence softens amid rising cost pressures
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report