Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
A spate of books written over the past few years explores various aspects of the global garment business. But for Robert Antoshak, managing director at Olah Inc, the newly-published "Fixing Fashion" should be required reading.>
China is using a catchy English-language TV ad to promote its 13th Five-Year Plan for the five years to 2020. But does the Plan really tell us how garment-making in China will be affected? asks Mike Flanagan.>
Retailers on both sides of the Atlantic are gearing up for the hoped-for Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping bonanzas – but many will also be waiting with baited breath to see if their supply chains can cope with the challenge.>
Jordan's US$1.34bn garment sector continues to expand despite the turmoil in much of the Middle East, with growth forecast at 10% in 2015. Yet while the industry is growing, jeans manufacturers have been complaining about water shortages and rising costs.>
Apparel brands, retailers and suppliers are having to navigate an increasing number of supply chain challenges in order to operate in a more efficient and ethical way. But it is also important to look to alliances in creativity, engineering and sustainability to avoid inconsistency in the future, according to speakers at last month's International Apparel Federation (IAF) Convention in Istanbul.>
A conference on sustainability staged by Hong Kong-based textile and apparel giant Esquel Group has heard how China is making serious efforts to green its growth – and the clothing and textile sector is playing its part.>
Current hot issue
just-style rounds up the latest coverage from this year's IAF convention in Istanbul, which includes an interview with Faruque Hassan, newly-appointed SVP of the BGMEA; Hugo Boss eyes further investment in Turkey; and a look at global cotton production.
It seems American Apparel doesn't want to learn its lesson. Now operating under new CEO Paula Schneider, you might be forgiven for thinking the US fashion retailer had turned a corner.
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- Billabong shares fall as margins under pressure
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Dollar Tree, DSW, Chico's
- World Bank urged to stop Uzbekistan loans over cotton labour
- EU and Philippines to begin free trade talks
- CPSC reviewing information collection on sleepwear
- US retailer profit under pressure from Holiday promotions
- Chinese retailer Hotwind matches inventory to demand
- Wolverine appoints Kennedy to new head of apparel role
- Global news roundup
- Lectra promotes Gros to director for Northern Europe
- Global trade law firm expands Asia-Pacific presence
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- Turkmenistan uses more forced labour in cotton harvest
- Mixed feedback on cotton harvest labour in Uzbekistan
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015