Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
Two separate pieces of research are calling for a new approach to the garment factory auditing process, claiming that not only is there a new need for more meaningful auditing that goes beyond ensuring basic compliances, but also that their current checklist approach has contributed to the problem of poor working conditions in many manufacturing hubs.>
Investment in technology and the utilisation of data will be key if retailers are to do more to meet customers' expectations and engage with them both online and in-store, according to experts at Retail's 'Big Show', the National Retail Federation's 106th Annual Convention & Expo that took place in New York earlier this week.>
One of the first battlegrounds of the new Trump administration is shaping up to be a possible revamp of the US tax system with an alternative proposal that threatens US apparel importers and their suppliers.>
The election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States casts a shadow of uncertainty over the textile and apparel sector, with his promises to tear up US trade agreements, impose tariffs on imports from China and Mexico, and bring back US jobs and manufacturing. Here we take a closer look at what’s at stake, with a special infographic powered by re:source from just-style, a new tool that uses data and intelligence to help apparel companies save time, reduce cost and manage supply chain risk.>
Britain is leaving the European single market, Prime Minister Theresa May said yesterday (17 January) in a hard-hitting speech outlining the UK government’s Brexit strategy.>
Retail's 'Big Show', the National Retail Federation's Annual Convention & Expo, which took place in New York this week, is an annual opportunity for retailers to tap into the latest technologies for improving everything from customer analysis to inventory management. Here we highlight some of the latest launches and developments.>
Current hot issue
2017 is shaping up to be another uncertain year for the apparel industry and its supply chain, according to feedback from a panel of executives consulted by just-style.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing landscape.
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Sales at UK clothing retailers decline in December
- TTIP trade deal still needs "significant work"
- MAS Holdings and Oeko-Tex among new ZDHC affiliates
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new initiative
- Bangladesh urged to release garment union leaders
- Bonmarché reaffirms outlook on sales growth
- Smart fabric mimics human bone tissue
- NEJ Inc acquires sportswear firm Bills Khakis
- Loblaw names supply chain chief Davis as president
- Top stories this week on just-style...
- Amazon expands supply chain capacity with new DC
- Xeros developing technology for textile sector
- Brands urged to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Proof of product and trust key to US consumer purchasing
- Patagonia launching circular economy digital platform
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016