Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
Britain’s vote in favour of leaving the European Union (EU) after more than four decades marks the start of a very long process to unravel itself from the network of institutions and bureaucracy in Brussels. >
The UK yesterday (23 June) voted in favour of ‘Brexit,’ a decision that means the country will leave the European Union (EU) – well, soon. Mike Flanagan believes British apparel brands and retailers stand to gain a lot from post-Brexit trade negotiations, but only if they sharpen up their acts.>
Retailers need to prepare for a period of high volatility, is the message from analysts in the wake of Britain's vote to leave the European Union (EU), as businesses prepare to battle fragile consumer confidence and a prolonged period of political instability. >
Concerns about market competition in the United States have for the first time surpassed worries about rising production and sourcing costs, according to the latest five-year outlook for the US fashion industry. The ‘China Plus Many’ model, growth in Vietnam ahead of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and new sourcing destinations like Myanmar and Cuba are also covered.>
As the final day of campaigning ahead of the UK's vote on whether or not to remain a member of the European Union (EU) ramps up, retailers and brands have been voicing their opinions on how either decision could affect business. >
Garment making is to a large degree a model for sustainability, says David Birnbaum, adding that those working towards greater sustainability have an obligation to be transparent and accurate. What is not needed is input from those who lack the experience and knowledge to help.>
Current hot issue
Britain's vote in favour of leaving the European Union (EU) after more than four decades marks the start of a very long process to unravel itself from the network of institutions and bureaucracy in Brussels.
A lack of speed in the apparel supply chain is being blamed for weaker merchandise margins, with significant structural changes needed to create a more consistent, faster and efficient sourcing model.
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Macy's names Gennette CEO to succeed Lundgren
- Reforms to US chemical regulations signed into law
- US textile industry praises made-in-USA military vote
- VF International HQ achieves LEED certification
- Online fabric platform hopes to "revolutionise" buying
- Epson buys digital textile printing specialist Robustelli
- Thermore moves Ecodown to fully recycled fibre content
- Top stories this week on just-style...
- Kenneth Cole inks Global Brands Group licensing deal
- Timberland to offset US expansion with outdoor pledge
- H&M Q2 sales slump on increased markdowns
- Tesco optimistic on Q1 sales growth
- Sainsbury's makes significant clothing share gains
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)