Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people last year.>
Retailer Marks & Spencer is planning to extend a programme that allows it to survey workers in its clothing supplier factories on their mobile phones, following the success of a one-year trial of the scheme.>
"The outdoors is not just for the hardcore outdoorsman," declared NPD's chief industry analyst for sports and leisure trends, Marshal Cohen, at last week's Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) Rendezvous, which took place in Asheville, North Carolina.>
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environmentally and socially responsible, ahead of an anticipated tightening of government restrictions.>
The role played by factoring in the apparel supply chain came under the spotlight last week with reports suggesting that factoring companies have scaled back on coverage to vendors supplying department store retailer Sears Holdings. However, the transaction offers a lifeline to many apparel makers, and is seeing a resurgence as a major source of capital for the industry.>
Gap CEO Glenn Murphy recently announced his decision to step down in February. He joined Gap as chief executive in 2007. Since then he has been on a mission to shake up the company's supply chain, introduce a wider and more fashionable product range, improve speed to market, and accelerate international expansion and omni-channel capabilities.>
Current hot issue
Glen Murphy, the CEO of US retail giant Gap Inc, this week announced his intention to step down on 1 February after seven years in the role. He will be succeeded by the head of Gap's digital division, Art Peck.
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environmentally and socially responsible, ahead of an anticipated tightening of government restrictions.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- VF Corp ups guidance as Q3 earnings climb
- UK textile wages lowest of all manufacturing sectors
- Cotton support programmes affect competitiveness
- Primark inks US lease deal with Sears Holdings
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- UK consumer confidence at highest for 3 years
- TAL Apparel leads $12m funding in Metail virtual fit tool
- Checkpoint enhances RFID print shop capabilities
- Steve Madden cuts outlook after "disappointing" Q3
- Warm weather hits UK shopper traffic
- Top stories last week on just-style...
- Nylon producer Nilit buys Invista's Brazil unit
- Blank Generation to deploy apparel PLM
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020