Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
Struggling UK mother, baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare could finally be turning a corner after returning to profit in the first half of the year. But while the message is one of reassurance, more work inevitably lies ahead.>
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people last year.>
The US trade deficit in footwear rose 4% to US$23.8bn last year on the back of a sizeable increase in imports and a marginal drop in exports, an annual trade report has shown.>
China's clothing and textile manufacturers want to create a sustainable industry unreliant on cheap labour and poor environmental performance, but one that supplies competitive quality output that attracts international sales.>
A snapshot of the current state of play in US textile and apparel trade shows imports last year rebounded from a modest decline in 2012, retailers continued to diversify their supply chains, and Asia continues to dominate imports into the US.>
Apparel businesses need to end the race from one low-cost sourcing country to another and rethink their entire sourcing philosophy in the future, according to a new report.>
Current hot issue
With imports supplying most US consumer demand for textiles and apparel, and footwear, it is perhaps not surprising the US trade deficit in both sectors rose last year. just-style takes a look at both sectors.
An online tool to help apparel brands, retailers and manufacturers work towards improved wages for garment workers in global supply chains has been updated in a move that marks another step towards the eventual provision of a living wage.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- UK consumer confidence remains flat in November
- Reebok acquires boxing apparel brand Luta
- Tesco F&F director Bolger steps down
- Supply chain key for Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Top stories this week on just-style...
- Lee Jeans eyes "comfort revolution" in innovation
- Global forum defines garment labour strategy
- John Lewis appoints Woodhouse as acting CFO
- US trade snapshot shows apparel and footwear shifts
- Black Friday “here to stay” in UK
- Industry repeats calls for GSP renewal
- Bureau Veritas launches wearable tech solution
- Jaeger trims FY losses as sales rack up
- Yue Yuen YTD profit slashed by one-off losses
- Old Navy under fire over plus-size allegations
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- US trade snapshot shows apparel and footwear shift
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises