Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
A package of bills introduced in the House and Senate yesterday (16 April) has sparked hope that a long-delayed trade agenda could finally move forward this year.>
Growth is set to return to the global workwear market, but a static population and high unemployment will be a barrier to progress in Europe, a new report suggests. >
The organiser of a 3D print fashion show in New York has told just-style there will be major changes in fashion industry supply chain because of this new technology.>
Annual savings of $14.7m in operating costs are being claimed for an initiative helping to cut water, energy and chemical use at textile mills in China supplying brands including Target, H&M, Gap and Levi Strauss.>
Just days after the closure of its remaining Canadian stores, just-style explores how empty shelves, mismanagement and over-hype combined to force US retail giant Target Corp to admit defeat.>
Sporting goods giant Adidas is evolving its factory monitoring system away from auditing to track supply chain compliance and is instead working to develop self-governance programmes for its suppliers. Part of the process has been to improve communication with workers at its supplier factories - including the launch of an SMS hotline, which will reach 250,000 workers by the end of the year.>
Current hot issue
Sporting goods giant Adidas is evolving its factory monitoring system away from auditing to track supply chain compliance and is instead working to develop self-governance programmes for its suppliers. Part of the process has been to improve communication with workers at its supplier factories - including the launch of an SMS hotline, which will reach 250,000 workers by the end of the year.
H&M's new Conscious Exclusive collection, which launched this week, proves that high street fashion can be sustainable. And as the line gains momentum it’s using more diverse materials, including recycled beads, fabrics such as hemp, organic linen, and organic leather.
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Benetton doubles Rana Plaza payment to US$1.6m
- Traceable product label offers textile transparency
- Dickies debuts body heat mapping tech workwear
- Huntsman reactive inks to enhance digital printing
- Top stories this week on just-style...
- House of Fraser taps Kotla as CIO
- UK shopper numbers see first rise in a year
- Cherokee “on right path” after Q4 profit jump
- Global concerns weigh on WTO trade forecasts
- Mothercare eyes UK recovery as Q4 sales up
- Tool to measure retailers’ sustainability practices
- Clothing to lead growth in demand for cellulose fibres
- US apparel firms urge restraint over container action
- Debenhams H1 profit grows as strategy takes hold
- Bangladesh RMG sector launches skills drive
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Dick's Sporting Goods updates on strategy
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost