Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
Decisions on where to focus supply chains involve a complicated mix of wages, productivity, energy costs, currency values and other factors - all of which are quietly but dramatically redrawing the map of global manufacturing cost competitiveness, new research suggests.>
Any talk of Gap Inc's portfolio invariably focuses on its Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy brands. But new number crunching suggests the company's Athleta women's athletic wear line is also gaining momentum.>
Following its spin-off from Li & Fung last month, fashion apparel, footwear and accessories business Global Brands Group has outlined the firm's strategy as it heads into the second half. Its focus will include more licensing deals and fewer acquisitions.>
Hot on the heels of expanding its Dockers brand license agreement with Levi Strauss & Co for the third time in four months, Hampshire Group CEO Paul Buxbaum is optimistic the company turnaround is starting to take hold. Here he talks to just-style about new opportunities and on-going efforts to leverage the firm's supply chain.>
Li & Fung has outlined a number of new frontiers the global sourcing giant is looking to explore as it works through its three-year roadmap, which it hopes will capture new customers in new categories and countries, and increase the group's cross-selling activities.>
The Better Work programme is set to expand its activities and influence over the next few years in an effort to drive up working conditions across the global garment industry.>
Current hot issue
Li & Fung has outlined a number of new frontiers the global sourcing giant is looking to explore as it works through its three-year roadmap, which it hopes will capture new customers in new categories and countries, and increase the group's cross-selling activities.
Inditex-owned fast fashion chain Zara has gone and done it again.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- US: Weak traffic slows sales for Abercrombie & Fitch
- SWEDEN: Scientists hail first fully-recycled cotton garment
- UK: Pace of retail sales growth picks up
- CHINA: Shenghong fabric workshop awarded STeP certification
- US: Apparel guidance for fluorinated repellent products
- US: Fluorine-free Storm Cotton outerwear technology
- US: “Tentative agreement” reached in port contract talks
- AUSTRALIA: Billabong FY loss dips on turnaround
- US: Chico’s Q2 profit drop gets mixed response
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel - update
- UK: Fashion fit and sizing workshops set for next month
- US: Costs weigh on Genesco Q2 earnings
- US: Guess to trim store count as Q2 profit slides
- US: Tilly's Q2 profit slides and cautious on outlook
- SOUTH AFRICA: Weak retail scene hits Massmart in Q2
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details