Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
Sporting giant Nike has reaffirmed its commitment to scaling up its advanced domestic manufacturing operations following the clearance of a number of key pieces of US trade legislation last week.>
"We're best when we're leading and pioneering," is Michael Kobori's take on denim giant Levi Strauss & Co's responsibility in ensuring it has an ethical supply chain. But it is competition, believes the company's VP of sustainability, more so than collaboration, that really raises the bar when it comes to sustainability.>
H&M Hennes & Mauritz will likely suffer gross margin pressure in the near-term, analysts believe, as the negative impact from the strong US dollar is compounded by increased purchasing costs and increasing wages.>
Myanmar is set to become a more attractive garment sourcing and investment destination after plans were agreed on labour law reforms in the country – with Gap and H&M coming out in support of the proposals.>
Continuing its efforts to tackle the key issues preventing progress towards the payment of living wages in the garment supply chain, the Fair Wear Foundation (FWF) has now turned its attention to the issue of competition law.>
New technologies ranging from waterless dyeing to 3D printing and supply chain mapping tools have the potential to help fashion and footwear firms make smarter sustainable choices - but only if they fully embrace and understand their potential.>
Current hot issue
President Obama’s trade agenda took a major step forward yesterday (24 June) after the US Senate passed fast-track legislation seen as key to finalising a pending agreement on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
Congratulations to Textured Jersey Lanka Plc, which has won top prize in the inaugural World Textile Awards sponsored by The Textile Institute.
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textiles hub
- Bangladesh Accord "concerned" at delays in remediation
- Jeanologia debuts sustainability finish software
- Aligning tech fostering improved supplier collaboration
- Sustainable cashmere yarn joins Re.Verso range
- Flokser launches bio-based synthetic leather
- Hugo Boss brand officer to speak at IAF Convention
- Pentland FY boosted by international growth
- UPDATE: Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- UPDATE: AGOA and Haiti trade renewal to be signed into law
- US Q1 in brief: Finish Line, Cherokee, Destination Maternity
- WRAP sets out 5-year plan to cut clothing waste
- Biomimicry inspires eco-friendly performance apparel
- Brands taking "cream of profit" from suppliers
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide