Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
Global sourcing firm Li & Fung is investing in US-based Centric Software, a provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software to the apparel industry, helping the US company's expansion into Asia.>
Intense competition, pricing pressure and currency headwinds are still denting UK retailer's expectations of an economic recovery, taking profit warnings to their highest first-half total for three years, new figures reveal.>
Next this morning (29 July) saw its share price climb after it announced it was upping its full-year sales and earnings guidance.>
East African countries are aggressively courting foreign investors to revive their textiles and apparel industries.>
With abundant growth opportunities in the pipeline at Under Armour, the performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand has said it aims to look back on 2014 as a pivotal year in its diversification. And five of its business categories bringing diversity to its story are footwear, women's, connected fitness, direct-to-consumer and international.>
More than a year after the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh and the Accord on Fire and Building Safety is calling on retailers and clothing brands to contribute more funding in order to complete its factory inspections.>
Current hot issue
It's one thing to invest in a product lifecycle management (PLM) system - but another altogether to get the most value out of the solution. Indeed, according to industry experts speaking in London last week, PLM projects should be driven from a business perspective if they are to deliver real gains in terms of revenue, margin improvement and inventory efficiency - with users on board from the beginning.
Hong Kong-listed fashion brand Esprit is introducing vegan hangtags, in a bid to increase transparency in textile labelling and better inform conscious consumers.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- US: Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges”
- US: Arrests made at REI/North Face protests
- BANGLADESH: Accord says there is "no funding shortfall"
- US: Destination Maternity Q3 earnings and sales slide
- GHANA: Task force to tackle textile design piracy
- UK: “Fashion’s new frontiers” what’s next?
- CAMEROON: Inks trade agreement with EU
- INDIA: Raymond will "continue to invest" as Q1 loss narrows
- SOUTH AFRICA: Cotton sector strike enters seventh day
- just-style's research roundup
- AUSTRALIA/NZ: Singletree teams up with Pure PLM
- UK: Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- CAMBODIA: Adidas investigating faintings incident
- GERMANY: Puma Q2 beats consensus despite profit slide
- US: Iconix ups FY earnings guidance
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015