Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
Spanish fashion retailer Mango might have its roots firmly in Europe, but is on a growth trajectory globally, making its presence felt in most major countries. just-style spoke with managing director Enric Casi and Jose Gomez, VP of international business development, about what the future holds and the challenges of operating in today's changing retail environment.>
Innovation is all about change - sometimes planned, often unplanned. But there are lessons to be learned too, and as garment companies move to set up in-house innovation centres they would do well to take heed, writes David Birnbaum.>
In an unsurprising announcement this-morning (23 October), troubled UK retail behemoth Tesco posted a 92% decline in first-half profits, weighed down by its higher-than-expected accounting error. While many analysts believe Tesco can now draw a line under its darkest days, views are mixed on how fast a turnaround, if any, is likely for the business.>
Textile and apparel brands, manufacturers and retailers assembled in London this week to discuss the prospects for Britain's fashion industry. Domestic manufacturing, sector skills, and wearable technology were among the main points discussed. Here is a selection of comments made at the keynote seminar, organised by the Westminster Media Forum.>
Online apparel retailer Asos this morning (21 October) booked a mixed set of full-year results as sales soared but profits fell due to a combination of factors including a strong pound, operational investments and the impact of a fire at its main warehouse.>
Colombia's Commerce, Trade and Industry Minister Cecilia Alvarez-Correa has pledged to support the country's beleaguered textile exporters at a time when imports outpace exports three-to-one.>
Current hot issue
Troubled UK retail behemoth Tesco has posted a 92% decline in first-half profits, weighed down by its higher-than-expected accounting error. While many analysts believe Tesco can now draw a line under its darkest days, views are mixed on how fast a turnaround, if any, is likely for the business.
Competition for pole position in the women's sportswear market is about to heat up after Nike this week revealed it has set its sights on growing its women's business by 40% over the next two years.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- China quadruples textile imports from North Korea
- Aquascutum appoints Chan to CEO role
- Crystal Group steps up efforts in carbon monitoring
- Deckers Outdoor Q3 beats estimates
- Kering multi-brand strategy boosts Q3 sales
- Dassault Systèmes to launch 3D Platform in UK
- Gerber Technology's AccuMark 10 to feature 3D capability
- Fits.me completes US$5.3m management buy-in
- Top stories last week on just-style...
- Mr Price shares climb on H1 profit expectations
- Gap to take Old Navy to the Middle East
- Structural issues found at collapsed Cambodia factory
- More reform needed in Bangladesh apparel sector
- Debenhams FY profits tumble on discounting
- China and US apparel groups strengthen trade ties
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Mango continues on global growth trajectory
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Transparency boosts Cambodia factory improvements
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre