Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
Adidas Group has said speed to market will be a key competitive advantage for the German sporting goods giant over the next five years, as it looks to accelerate profit and sales growth. With this, the company is piloting automated production units closer to its core consumers to reduce lead times. >
Superdry brand owner SuperGroup has revealed plans to adapt its buying model to source more directly and flexibly, with the aim of improving efficiency and speed to market.>
Cutting-edge companies are hitting back at design and low quality stock manufactured by a faceless and perpetual assembly-line. In its place, the vanguard of the new industry is developing original and revolutionary business models.>
As the countdown to the second anniversary of the Bangladesh Rana Plaza tragedy begins, the call is getting louder for apparel brands to fill the gap in compensation for victims before 24 April.>
Pakistan's ambition to double its clothing and textile exports over five years, and its accession to the EU's GSP+ trade scheme last year, suggest it should be an exciting prospect for apparel sourcing. However, in the last year two companies have pulled production out of the country, citing risk, delays and instability. This might not yet point to a wider trend, but their concerns highlight issues worth watching.>
An estimated one-third of Lesotho's textile and clothing production will be decimated if the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) is not renewed in September, a senior South African textile and clothing sector consultant has warned.>
Current hot issue
Adidas Group has said speed to market will be a key competitive advantage for the German sporting goods giant over the next five years, as it looks to accelerate profit and sales growth. With this, the company is piloting automated production units closer to its core consumers to reduce lead times.
Smart fabrics and wearable technology go hand in hand. And with strong growth forecast over the coming years, it's no wonder fashion and software companies are developing new products to tap into the market.
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Quicksilver appoints Agnes to CEO role
- Finish Line “accelerates” on final lap
- Joe Fresh inks footwear licensing deal with Aldo
- Top stories this week on just-style...
- Oxford Industries to sell Ben Sherman amid Q4 growth
- Belk FY mixed but “encouraged” by trends
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Organic cotton sustainability assessment tool launches
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- UK clothing sales continue to fall in March
- Huntsman supports Korea's Daechun with MoU
- Warmer weather boosts February UK clothing sales
- Global Brands reveals “strong” H1 results
- American Eagle signs Chile and Peru licensing deal
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019