Latest textile & apparel news, analysis and insights
Comprehensive coverage of the textile and apparel industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-style's leading network of international journalists.
Ten days into her new role as American Apparel CEO, industry veteran Paula Schneider sounded a confident note as she told investors and analysts this week that she is ready to build on the solid foundations of the business.>
UK supermarket brand George at Asda is on a journey to a more sustainable supply chain through its Responsible Retail programme. Lynne Tooms, senior director of quality and sourcing, explains why retailers need to understand more about where their products come from and the challenges faced by suppliers.>
Just as it seemed things couldn’t get any worse for American Apparel, reports emerged earlier this month that the struggling retailer has been delaying payments to its suppliers. While adding to the group's woes, industry observers believe such a move is also indicative of a wider issue facing the sector.>
The Philippines' garment sector is expected to be a key beneficiary of the country's inclusion within the European Union's (EU) GSP+ scheme from 1 January, allowing the export of 6,274 additional items of all kinds to the EU at zero tariffs over the next 10 years.>
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013.>
When it comes to other issues the apparel industry should be keeping a close eye on in the year ahead, compliance and factory safety, macroeconomic headwinds, trade legislation, and consumer confidence are all cited as likely to have a bearing on whether or not 2015 turns out to be better than 2014.>
Current hot issue
Ten days into her new role as American Apparel CEO, industry veteran Paula Schneider sounded a confident note as she told investors and analysts this week that she is ready to build on the solid foundations of the business.
Anyone heading to ISPO Munich next month for what is arguably the world’s largest multi-segment sports exhibition, should also try to take in the World Sports Forum event on 'Entering and Exploring new Markets.'
Monthly figures from the Department of Commerce's Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) highlight the rise and fall of global apparel imports into the US.
A weekly roundup of the latest research reports available on just-style.
just-style's summary of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
A regular in-depth analysis prompted by what’s happening in the financial world and how it impacts on the apparel and footwear supply chain from manufacturing to retail.
A forthright take on the follies the world’s apparel buying community has to deal with, from Mike Flanagan, CEO of Clothesource – and his suggestions for putting them right.
Exclusive interviews with some of the apparel and footwear industry’s leading movers and shakers. Companies already featured include Marks & Spencer, H&M, Timberland, Adidas, New Look and Li & Fung.
With a focus on individual companies, new or emerging markets, and issues such as product safety – this column takes a behind the scenes look that sheds new light on stories hitting the headlines.
Facts and figures taken from some of the research reports published on just-style. Much of this information is only available in the reports themselves, so these articles provide a valuable snapshot of the latest data and forecasts.
If you’re short of time or haven’t managed to check in to all our daily newsletters, reading these articles will ensure you’re up-to-date on the top five most-read stories on just-style in any given week.
A month-by-month overview of US apparel and shoe chains' sales results. Same-store sales figures help gauge how a specific retailer has performed, making this feature invaluable for evaluating your customers or competitors.
- Uniqlo to enter Canadian market
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Arcadia to explore BHS takeover offers
- Avalanche deploys PLM tool to scale growth
- Alibaba works with CPSC on online safety
- Macy's to relocate Sacramento centre
- KappAhl initiates textile collection service
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in hosiery plant
- Sears Canada appoints Boire CEO
- BCI adds fabric mills to traceability platform
- Tesco launches online supplier platform
- Mango recruits Ruiz as CFO
- Inditex appoints de Llano as UK MD
- Dematic takes over garment handling specialist SDI
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024