Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Middle East
A new garment sector alliance in Jordan aims to create opportunities for refugees caught up in the Syrian crisis and help their host countri...
Experts have highlighted concerns over the exploitation of Syrian refugees working in the Turkish textile industry and are urging the Turkis...
After a number of setbacks last year, including political upheaval, terrorist attacks and an influx of Syrian refugees, textile and clothing...
Turkish security sources are advising textile and clothing manufacturers in Turkey that the country remains a safe and secure country in whi...
Exactly 12 months into his role as chief executive of Israel-based tailored clothing manufacturer Bagir Group, and Eran Itzhak is in a buoyant mood. The business is debt-free for the first time in nearly a decade, has refocused its manufacturing base on Ethiopia, Egypt and Vietnam, and is fighting back with new products and a return to innovation.
An anonymous toll-free phone platform, supported by C&A Foundation and designed to expose risks and best practices in the Turkish apparel industry, has received calls from more than one-third of workers involved.
Turkish denim mill Calik Denim has revealed an innovative stretch denim fabric incorporating Lycra dualFX technology from fibre producer Invista that offers a new alternative to traditional material for jeans leggings.
Online retail giant Amazon is making its move on the Middle East with the acquisition of Dubai-based online shopping retailer Souq.com.
Developer of proprietary, smartphone measurement applications MySize Inc. has revealed it is developing a new application, designed to support 'off-line' apparel shopping and boost customer loyalty and retention.
Japanese sporting goods giant Asics Corporation has opened a subsidiary in Dubai as part of plans to grow its business in the Middle East, replicating the brand's success in Europe.
Israel-based tailored clothing maker Bagir Group returned to profit in 2016 after a "turnaround trading performance" that saw it clear all bank debt, reduce its total cost base by around 30% and invest in future growth.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report