Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Middle East
Turkish security sources are advising textile and clothing manufacturers in Turkey that the country remains a safe and secure country in whi...
With advantages that include the best cotton in the world, thousands of textile and garment factories, low labour costs and duty-free access...
International brands and clothing manufacturers met in Cairo this week to discuss how to boost Egypt's overall potential as a production sou...
With diplomatic tensions mounting between Turkey and Russia over the downing of the Russian Su-24 jet fighter plane on 24 November, there ar...
Exactly 12 months into his role as chief executive of Israel-based tailored clothing manufacturer Bagir Group, and Eran Itzhak is in a buoyant mood. The business is debt-free for the first time in nearly a decade, has refocused its manufacturing base on Ethiopia, Egypt and Vietnam, and is fighting back with new products and a return to innovation.
Nordic fashion brands including H&M, KappAhl, Lindex are not doing enough to help tackle the abuse of Syrian refugees in Turkish garment factories, a new report suggests.
The risk of Syrian cotton associated with the Islamic State entering the supply chains of European fashion brands is low, new research suggests, but raw material from the country will remain tarnished by its links to terrorist and sectarian groups.
The European Commission (EC) is taking steps to deepen trade ties with Turkey by seeking to modernise and expand the customs union that has been in place for the past 20 years.
Turkish ready-to-wear manufacturer Gürmen Group is taking a new, digital approach to optimise the planning, development and sourcing of its fashion collections.
Israel-based lingerie, underwear and activewear manufacturer Delta Galil Industries has offered an optimistic outlook after reporting higher sales and earnings in its third-quarter, and says the opening of new Seamfree and Cut & Sew factories is on track.
Testing and inspection specialist Intertek has revealed it will expand the services offered by its Softlines testing laboratory in Istanbul, to support Turkey's textiles, apparel and footwear industry.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016