Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Middle East
After a number of setbacks last year, including political upheaval, terrorist attacks and an influx of Syrian refugees, textile and clothing...
Turkish security sources are advising textile and clothing manufacturers in Turkey that the country remains a safe and secure country in whi...
With advantages that include the best cotton in the world, thousands of textile and garment factories, low labour costs and duty-free access...
International brands and clothing manufacturers met in Cairo this week to discuss how to boost Egypt's overall potential as a production sou...
Exactly 12 months into his role as chief executive of Israel-based tailored clothing manufacturer Bagir Group, and Eran Itzhak is in a buoyant mood. The business is debt-free for the first time in nearly a decade, has refocused its manufacturing base on Ethiopia, Egypt and Vietnam, and is fighting back with new products and a return to innovation.
Israel-based lingerie, underwear and activewear manufacturer Delta Galil Industries saw both sales and earnings increase in its fourth-quarter thanks to the success of a number of growth initiatives.
Turkey-based non-woven manufacturer Mogul has developed a new fabric for applications including outdoor performance wear, jeans, sports and leisure wear, uniforms and workwear.
Splash, the Middle East's largest fashion retailer, is collaborating with Dow Microbial Control to offer advanced odour and freshness protection to a number of its apparel performance products using Dow's Silvadur technology.
Welspun India, a subsidiary of the company embroiled in controversy last year over the provenance of its cotton, is launching a US$3m initiative with the Cotton Egypt Association (CEA) to promote Egyptian cotton products worldwide.
Israel-based seamless activewear and intimate apparel specialist Tefron has appointed Terramar Sports chief, Ben Lieberman, to the helm following the departure of Gil Shimon.
Israel-based lingerie, underwear and activewear manufacturer Delta Galil Industries has named former Tefron Ltd CEO, Gil Shimon, as president of its global upper market business segment, responsible for about US$270m and partners with leading global brands.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022