Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Middle East
With advantages that include the best cotton in the world, thousands of textile and garment factories, low labour costs and duty-free access...
International brands and clothing manufacturers met in Cairo this week to discuss how to boost Egypt's overall potential as a production sou...
With diplomatic tensions mounting between Turkey and Russia over the downing of the Russian Su-24 jet fighter plane on 24 November, there ar...
Jordan's US$1.34bn garment sector continues to expand despite the turmoil in much of the Middle East, with growth forecast at 10% in 2015. Y...
Global swimwear brand and manufacturer Gottex has rolled out Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software as a single solution to manage business critical applications across five continents.
Israeli cotton farmers have signed up to the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) in a move that will see them benefit from agronomic knowledge and experience in areas such as water management as well as develop a country specific Better Cotton Standard.
German fashion brand Hugo Boss continues to be criticised by global unions over the treatment of Turkish workers at its largest production facility in Izmir.
The first multilateral trade agreement in the World Trade Organization’s 20-year history is edging closer, with 71 WTO members having now ratified the pact – the most recent being Turkey.
Inspection and certification firm Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services (BVCPS) has expanded its Turkey testing laboratory to larger premises in the heart of the Istanbul textile district.
Turkey-based denim manufacturer Isko has become the first denim mill to receive Nordic Swan Ecolabel certification, achieved for its Earth Fit sustainable innovation platform.
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Hanesbrands sourcing to cut Pacific Brands costs
- Why China makers are moving out or moving online
- Multiple country choices require complex decisions
- Apparel manufacturing hubs vying for business
- Li & Fung divests Asia distribution business
- US looks to boost trade with Sri Lanka
- Vietnam textile sector calls for strategy update
- Aeropostale to close 154 stores amid bankruptucy
- US Q1 in brief: Wolverine Worldwide, Weyco