Latest apparel and textile news & analysis in Middle East
Turkish security sources are advising textile and clothing manufacturers in Turkey that the country remains a safe and secure country in whi...
With advantages that include the best cotton in the world, thousands of textile and garment factories, low labour costs and duty-free access...
International brands and clothing manufacturers met in Cairo this week to discuss how to boost Egypt's overall potential as a production sou...
With diplomatic tensions mounting between Turkey and Russia over the downing of the Russian Su-24 jet fighter plane on 24 November, there ar...
Exactly 12 months into his role as chief executive of Israel-based tailored clothing manufacturer Bagir Group, and Eran Itzhak is in a buoyant mood. The business is debt-free for the first time in nearly a decade, has refocused its manufacturing base on Ethiopia, Egypt and Vietnam, and is fighting back with new products and a return to innovation.
Turkish ready-to-wear manufacturer Gürmen Group is taking a new, digital approach to optimise the planning, development and sourcing of its fashion collections.
Israel-based lingerie, underwear and activewear manufacturer Delta Galil Industries has offered an optimistic outlook after reporting higher sales and earnings in its third-quarter, and says the opening of new Seamfree and Cut & Sew factories is on track.
Testing and inspection specialist Intertek has revealed it will expand the services offered by its Softlines testing laboratory in Istanbul, to support Turkey's textiles, apparel and footwear industry.
The majority of large apparel brands are ignoring the "endemic" abuse of Syrian refugees in Turkish clothing factories supplying European retailers, a new report has found.
Syrian refugee children as young as ten years old have been found working in garment factories in Turkey making clothes for brands including Marks & Spencer and Asos, a television documentary claims.
Another trade show highlighting the potential benefits of Africa as a sourcing destination for apparel and textiles is taking place in November.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack