Cotton Council International (CCI) has introduced what it claims is the industry’s first-of-its-kind technical consultancy programme to help mills and manufacturers using US cotton to achieve greater productivity, process efficiency and ultimately profit for their businesses.
A non-profit trade association, CCI promotes US cotton fibre and manufactured cotton products around the globe with the Cotton USA mark.
Over the past two years, Cotton USA has established a consulting team composed of mill and spinning experts from around the world. The team, which is overseen by Joerg Bauersachs, now leads Cotton USA Solutions, a technical consultancy which will officially launch on 1 October with five data-informed offerings:
- Mill Studies – six studies, with more in development, based on controlled on-site testing by CCI, the only organization in the world conducting this kind of research
- Technical Seminars – expert sessions teaching how to buy, use and optimise US cotton
- Mill Exchange Program – executive-level tour of Cotton USA licensee signature mills, to exchange ideas with key textile mill leaders from around the world
- 1:1 Mill Consults – personalised, virtual or in-person, in-depth mill examination and consultation
- Mill Mastery Course – soon-to-be-available course of study featuring a collection of advanced practices, covering everything from raw cotton to quality control
These solutions are designed to improve productivity and profitability at the operations level with US cotton. The suite of solutions available will continue to expand to include the latest data, technologies and protocols from US cotton and will be rolled out in phases.
“Cotton USA Solutions is designed so that mills and manufacturers can optimise the use of US cotton with cutting-edge offerings to transform their businesses – profitably,” says CCI executive director Bruce Atherley. “Given the industry’s current state due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the resources and expertise of this programme are more relevant to our partners than ever.”
Offerings include a mix of partner-specific and standardised options, and will be available virtually, in addition to in-person, as Covid-19 restrictions continue. Mills and manufacturers, including Cotton USA licensees, must qualify for the programme. Upon qualification, licensees will have complimentary access, and non-licensees can access for a nominal fee.