The BGMEA has rolled out the strategy along with a new nine-dot logo to represent different aspects of its vision.
The first three dots emphasise reach, while the second and third three dots focus on transformation and sustainability, the organisation says.
“We are living in a complex world where the risks, challenges and prosperity are interconnected,” says BGMEA president Faruque Hassan. “As global business shifts its values and vision, sustainability sits at the core. Sustainability has always been a key strategic priority for the readymade garment industry of Bangladesh. Sustainability is not only about fulfilling social, ecological and community obligations; it is also about how we remain economically viable through innovation, digitisation, diversification and being more productive.
“Our beloved association, BGMEA, which is serving as the beacon for the industry for many years, needs to adopt changes in its philosophy, vision, missions, and in its corporate identity. Thus BGMEA emerges with its renewed vision which is decoded by ‘nine-dots’ in its new logo. I believe the ‘dots’ will connect the positive forces and stakeholders toward the common global goals.”
The BGMEA says the nine dots represent the following within its vision:
1. People- To forever work for the well-being of the people of Bangladesh and mankind at large.
2. Inclusivity- To listen. To be approachable. To involve people across the spectrum and not discriminate.
3. Transparency- For accountability and access to information that is central to building a trustworthy, flexible and resilient organisation.
4. Infrastructure- To build a safe and sustainable future through power plants, green factories, and modern worker-friendly workplaces.
5. Innovation- For its ongoing contribution to the 4th IR and encouraging automation.
6. Circularity- For the conservation of the natural system via an economic shift from a linear to a circular system.
7. Global network- To be ahead in the world through innovations, pivots and flexible adaptations.
8. Brand Bangladesh- To uplift the equity of Brand Bangladesh in the realm of sustainability and to uphold Bangladesh’s values to the world at large.
9. Environment- for the respect we have for nature and the dedication to preserving the natural system.