Global footwear and accessories brand Call It Spring has revealed it has gone “fully vegan” in a move that means its entire collection will now, and always be, free from animal materials and derivatives.

The brand, which is owned by multinational footwear retailer Aldo, said moving to a fully vegan collection is a natural next step, providing options for customers who want to both look stylish and purchase with a purpose.

“We’re extremely proud to offer the same on-trend and affordable options as always, but now with the added benefit of our shoes, accessories, and handbags being completely animal-free,” said Alyssa Whited, global marketing director of Call It Spring. “This is more than a single collection or product offering. It is a key step in Call It Spring’s brand promise to create a better tomorrow, together. We wanted to make it easier for our customers to shop for affordable, animal-friendly options, and to feel good about their choices, without compromising on style. For this reason, we have gone fully vegan without increasing our prices. While we are happy with this most recent step within our journey towards a better future, we also recognise that we still have work to do and are working on exciting sustainability initiatives to come later this year.”

While the majority of Call It Spring products were already 90% vegan, changing the remaining 10% of materials and sourcing for a global fashion brand “required considerable planning”.

“This has been a journey for Call It Spring. The first step, deciding to make vegan fashion more accessible for our customers, was an obvious one. We then had to conduct a thorough assessment of all products, identify what materials and components needed to be replaced, develop a vegan policy that outlined what materials were no longer permitted, and devise steps to ensure all products would be entirely free from animal materials or derivatives,” Monia Atijas vice president of product and brand at Call It Spring. 

The move means all Call It Spring shoes, bags and accessories are now entirely free from animal skins, feathers, fur, hair, wool fibres, shells, real silk, and animal-based adhesives or components.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Customers can now shop for the PETA-approved vegan products online and at over 400 stores globally and can identify vegan options by looking for the ‘V’ on the boxes, soles of the shoes, and on product pages online. 

Meanwhile, in order to responsibly move previous, non-vegan inventory, the brand is currently selling off past-season, non-vegan products at discounted prices.