For the nine month (9M) period, Inditex said traffic and store sales increased and online sales continued to progress “satisfactorily” and were above the record figures of the prior year period.
Inditex 9M results overview
- Sales reached EUR23.1bn (US$28.6bn) (+19% versus 9M2021). Sales in constant currency grew 20%. Sales were positive in all geographic areas
- Gross profit increased 19% to EUR13.5bn. The gross margin reached 58.7%
- In 9M2022, EBITDA increased 20% to EUR6.5bn and EBIT 27% to EUR4.2bn. PBT increased 25% to EUR4bn
- Net income increased 24% to EUR3.1bn
- Inditex temporarily accelerated inventory inflows going into 2022 in the face of possible supply chain tensions. Inventory as of 31 October 2022 increased by 27%. The autumn/winter inventory is considered to be of high quality. As of 8 December 2022, inventory levels were 15% higher