The PrettyLittleThing influencer made a comment that 'everyone has the same 24 hours' in The Diary of a CEO podcast, which featured on YouTube in December, however snippets of the podcast have since gone viral on Twitter and led to a wider debate on UK garment worker wages.\n\nThe critical Twitter posts linking Hague's comments to UK garment worker pay are due to her being named a creative director of PrettyLittleThing (PLT) in August 2021, after previously signing a deal with the brand reported to be worth GBP500,000 (US$678,000).\n\nIf you\u2019re homeless just buy a house \u2764\ufe0f pic.twitter.com\/nRBVLBx8a9\n\u2014 (@tsrbys) January 5, 2022\n\n\n \n\nUK-based fast fashion retailer PLT is owned by the Boohoo Group, which operates in the UK, Ireland, Australia and US. PLT's parent company is working hard to improve its image following a media storm where its supplier factories in Leicester were alleged to be underpaying workers and providing unsafe conditions in a report by Labour Behind the Label. \nPrettyLittleThing parent company comments on UK garment worker wage debate\nIn an exclusive statement following the Twitter debate, PLT's parent company Boohoo told Just Style:\n\n\u201cAny suggestion that garment workers for PLT or any other Boohoo group PLC brand are paid lower than the minimum wage is grossly inaccurate. We publish a list of all our approved UK and international manufacturers, all of whom have been audited over the last 18 months, and we do not tolerate any non-compliance with our supplier Code of Conduct. We operate a whistleblowing hotline so people can share any concerns they may have and we work with relevant government agencies to ensure the people who make our clothes have their rights in the workplace protected.\u201d\n\nAs the controversial comments have led to a wider debate, Sophie Slater who is the founder of Birdsong London, which is a social enterprise that provides extra revenue and London living wages to garment makers, told Just Style exclusively:\n\n"Whilst we're glad that the Molly Mae conversation has made the topic of exploitation wages in the UK for garment workers mainstream, we need to be critically thinking about how all for profit fast fashion companies are built on the back of the same exploitation. Rather than just pointing the finger at Molly Mae, we need to completely rethink the way that we make clothing. That's what we've been working on since 2014 with Birdsong. From repairs, to research and retail that pays above a living wage."\nOfficial statement from Molly-Mae Hague's management team\nJust Style received this statement exclusively from Hague's management team:\n\n\u201cMolly did a podcast interview in December about her own rise to success. If you listen to the full conversation and interview Molly was asked about how the nature of her potential grows and how she believes in herself. This part of the interview was discussing time efficiency relating to success. Molly refers to a quote which says \u201cWe all have the same 24 hours in a day as Beyonce\u201d. She was discussing her own experience and how she can resonate with this specific quote. Her opinion on if you want something enough you can work hard to achieve it is how she keeps determined with her own work to achieve more in her own life. Molly is not commenting on anyone else\u2019s life or personal situation she can only speak of her own experience. She acknowledges that everyone is raised in different ways and from different backgrounds but her comments here are in reference to timing, hard work and determination in her own life.\u201d\n\nBoohoo Group first took a 66% stake in PrettyLittleThing in 2017 and acquired the remaining 34% stake in a deal said to be worth \u00a3323.8m ($397m) in 2020. The brand\u2019s CEO Umar Kamani is the son of billionaire Boohoo founder Mahmud Kamani.