Software firm Discover e-Solutions (DeSL) has completed the development of its web-based, interactive 3D modelling platform, which it says can work with any 3D software provider.
A key requirement for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and digital technology overall, is the ability to work with virtual products, samples, and digital approvals. DeSL says its new technology is so powerful it can stream multiple 3D models simultaneously to enable users to have side-by-side visualisation of virtual products and provide “a rich and compelling interactive experience”.
In addition to creating DeSL’s innovative 3D tech packs, the tool will enable users to:
- Quickly prototype product changes such as different colors and materials.
- Present compelling 3D collections to prospective customers over the internet and take sales orders and feedback.
- Perform product approvals/rejections with the ability to annotate models and relay to vendors in real-time.
- Host real-time, interactive product reviews with multiple users from all over the globe simultaneously.
- Drag and drop 3D product models to quickly create lines and collections.
The 3D platform is an integral part of DeSL’s overall digital platform and extends into key PLM, procurement and sales business processes. It is designed specifically to enable companies take full advantage of the latest digital technology to change the way they operate in order to drive growth and efficiency in existing and new markets.