Old Navy says its new online Denim Fit Guide comes after in-depth research on the most common pain points found consumers wanted an easy way of understanding styles, and most importantly how they would fit their bodies.
The new online Denim Fit Guide aims to simplify the jean shopping experience so customers can find the right fit for them. Available to customers in the United States and Canada it takes the confusion out of jean shopping with a:
- “Compare All The Fits” Tool that easily breaks down the different styles with visuals, descriptions and product differences
- Rise Guide that shows where Low Rise, Mid Rise, High Rise, Extra High Rise and Higher High Rise will fall on the waist across different sizes (4, 12 and 18)
- Stretch Guide with explanations for non-stretch/rigid, low stretch, medium stretch, and high stretch
- Feature dedicated to customer reviews and photos, as well as a highlight of trending styles
- Sustainability information section, like the fact that 100% of Old Navy’s denim is made with water-saving techniques
Once customers find what they are looking for, whether it’s a style or certain rise, they can directly shop from the page which is available on desktop and mobile. The online experience will extend in-store with similar matching visuals to guide customers in finding the right fit for them, as well as access to a QR code on the store’s Denim Menu that gives shoppers easy access to the site.
Old Navy store employees also go through a special Jean Boss training, that includes employee fit sessions, so that they can help customers navigate Old Navy’s denim offering and find the right fit.
“We’re thrilled to offer a denim omni-experience like this at a value price point that will provide ease for our customers so they can find the perfect fit for them faster. We also see this as great opportunity to streamline the jean buying process overall and minimise customer returns,” says Eric Long, vice president of global e-commerce operations and production teams at Old Navy. “We look forward to continuing to simplify the shopping experience as we evolve our offering across the whole family.”
The launch of the Denim Fit Guide comes as Old Navy has pledged to freeze denim prices through the end of September as parents and families continue to battle inflationary market pressures.
Last month, Primark pledged to protect the prices on more than a thousand of its essential kids’ products, including apparel, as it seeks to help family finances go further amid the rising cost of living.