Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has had a busy 12 months, including a ramp-up of its sustainability efforts, a 'living wage'...
As the focus in Bangladesh shifts to compensation payments for the victims and survivors of recent garment factory tragedies, an intriguing...
With talks due to take place in Geneva, Switzerland next week to try to agree compensation payments for the victims and survivors of the Taz...
Ron Johnson, the man hired just 18 months ago to transform US retailer JC Penney, has been unceremoniously ousted after his radical revamp p...
It may be ten times smaller than archrival Inditex (owner of the Zara stores) but Spanish women's fashion chain Mango is nearly as well known, thanks to clever adverts featuring glamorous movie stars and a relentless expansion which has taken it to 100 countries in recent years. And there is room for more - much more - growth, expansion director and board member Isak Halfon tells just-style.
Ambitious Chinese garment maker Ever-Glory is pushing ahead with its expansion into retailing. The company’s chief executive, Edward Kang, tells Dominique Patton how the firm is eyeing both the domestic and international markets in its drive to turn itself into a leading producer of branded as well as wholesale clothing.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
Spanish fashion retailer Mango has reported an increase in both annual profit and sales, thanks to the expansion of its retail space.
Campaigners are stepping up their calls for brands to pay into the Rana Plaza compensation fund after it was revealed to just-style that less than 20% of the amount required to make payments to all workers has so far been received.
The committee set up to pay compensation to the victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse aims to distribute US$2m to around 3,600 workers and families before the one-year anniversary of the tragedy on 24 April.
Compensation payments to victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse are due to start next month - but campaigners admit funds still fall far short of the $40m needed to make payments to all workers.
- Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report