The second day of the annual World Retail Congress in Paris has shifted its focus onto cohesive supply chains, sustainable consumption, and...
The great and the good of the retail industry have converged on Paris for three days for the annual World Retail Congress. New technologies,...
In 2011, Greenpeace published its Dirty Laundry report, which found toxic chemicals in waste water discharges from two textile processing fa...
Retail shares were among the biggest fallers last week as financial markets reacted to President Vladimir Putin's retaliation to the imposit...
It may be ten times smaller than archrival Inditex (owner of the Zara stores) but Spanish women's fashion chain Mango is nearly as well known, thanks to clever adverts featuring glamorous movie stars and a relentless expansion which has taken it to 100 countries in recent years. And there is room for more - much more - growth, expansion director and board member Isak Halfon tells just-style.
Ambitious Chinese garment maker Ever-Glory is pushing ahead with its expansion into retailing. The company’s chief executive, Edward Kang, tells Dominique Patton how the firm is eyeing both the domestic and international markets in its drive to turn itself into a leading producer of branded as well as wholesale clothing.
French Connection has become the latest firm to impose a ban on the use on angora from its future collections following pressure from animal rights group PETA.
Elbit Fashion Ltd, the Israeli franchisee for the Mango brand, has commenced talks for the sale of the retail chain's stores in Israel.
Oeko-Tex has developed a new textile certification for both safe and sustainably produced textiles.
Oeko-Tex has introduced its new online platform that will enable brands, retailers and manufacturers to track and manage the sustainability of their supply chains to the US.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
The annual World Retail Congress has returned to Paris this week for three days where the great and the good of the retail industry have converged to discuss the industry climate as we move out of a tough economic climate. New technologies, the rise of omni-channel, innovation and the supply chain of the future will all be discussed.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- US textile innovation hub could expand re-shoring
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020