In 2011, Greenpeace published its Dirty Laundry report, which found toxic chemicals in waste water discharges from two textile processing fa...
Retail shares were among the biggest fallers last week as financial markets reacted to President Vladimir Putin's retaliation to the imposit...
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has had a busy 12 months, including a ramp-up of its sustainability efforts, a 'living wage'...
As the focus in Bangladesh shifts to compensation payments for the victims and survivors of recent garment factory tragedies, an intriguing...
It may be ten times smaller than archrival Inditex (owner of the Zara stores) but Spanish women's fashion chain Mango is nearly as well known, thanks to clever adverts featuring glamorous movie stars and a relentless expansion which has taken it to 100 countries in recent years. And there is room for more - much more - growth, expansion director and board member Isak Halfon tells just-style.
Ambitious Chinese garment maker Ever-Glory is pushing ahead with its expansion into retailing. The company’s chief executive, Edward Kang, tells Dominique Patton how the firm is eyeing both the domestic and international markets in its drive to turn itself into a leading producer of branded as well as wholesale clothing.
Oeko-Tex has introduced its new online platform that will enable brands, retailers and manufacturers to track and manage the sustainability of their supply chains to the US.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
Spanish fashion retailer Mango has reported an increase in both annual profit and sales, thanks to the expansion of its retail space.
Campaigners are stepping up their calls for brands to pay into the Rana Plaza compensation fund after it was revealed to just-style that less than 20% of the amount required to make payments to all workers has so far been received.
The committee set up to pay compensation to the victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse aims to distribute US$2m to around 3,600 workers and families before the one-year anniversary of the tragedy on 24 April.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report