In 2011, Greenpeace published its Dirty Laundry report, which found toxic chemicals in waste water discharges from two textile processing fa...
Retail shares were among the biggest fallers last week as financial markets reacted to President Vladimir Putin's retaliation to the imposit...
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has had a busy 12 months, including a ramp-up of its sustainability efforts, a 'living wage'...
As the focus in Bangladesh shifts to compensation payments for the victims and survivors of recent garment factory tragedies, an intriguing...
It may be ten times smaller than archrival Inditex (owner of the Zara stores) but Spanish women's fashion chain Mango is nearly as well known, thanks to clever adverts featuring glamorous movie stars and a relentless expansion which has taken it to 100 countries in recent years. And there is room for more - much more - growth, expansion director and board member Isak Halfon tells just-style.
Ambitious Chinese garment maker Ever-Glory is pushing ahead with its expansion into retailing. The company’s chief executive, Edward Kang, tells Dominique Patton how the firm is eyeing both the domestic and international markets in its drive to turn itself into a leading producer of branded as well as wholesale clothing.
Oeko-Tex has introduced its new online platform that will enable brands, retailers and manufacturers to track and manage the sustainability of their supply chains to the US.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
Spanish fashion retailer Mango has reported an increase in both annual profit and sales, thanks to the expansion of its retail space.
Campaigners are stepping up their calls for brands to pay into the Rana Plaza compensation fund after it was revealed to just-style that less than 20% of the amount required to make payments to all workers has so far been received.
The committee set up to pay compensation to the victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse aims to distribute US$2m to around 3,600 workers and families before the one-year anniversary of the tragedy on 24 April.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details